A great cheap student-y meal and something that looks fancy, yet isn’t fancy to make! There are lots of steps but that’s just adding veggies etc and making sure you do everything at the right time. Nothing hard here!
(Lactose free) milk, a dash
Feta (around 125g is a low FODMAP serving)
Half a large courgette, sliced thinly and small
4/5 small potatoes, sliced thinly into discs
Spring onion green tips, large handful, chopped
Frozen broccoli, handful (stalks are high fodmap, limit to 1/2 portion)
1 tomato, chopped small
Dill, dried or fresh
Basil, dried (or fresh)
Chilli flakes, teaspoon (optional)
Garlic oil / olive oil – about 2 tablespoons of each
Salt and pepper, to season
- Preheat oven to 200’c (180’c fan). Put potatoes onto baking tray and sprinkle with some of the olive oil, top with some rosemary (your call as to how much you like!) season, and bake in the oven for around 10 minutes, or until the potato discs are cooked through.
- Meanwhile, heat garlic oil in large frying pan, add courgette and frozen broccoli and some of the herbs. Medium heat, watch they don’t burn. Stir to coat veg and cook until soft, about 10 minutes for me.
- Whilst these veggies are cooking, whisk the eggs together and add a dash of lactose free milk, and some more dill for a more intense flavour.
- Add tomatoes, spring onion green tips, basil, chilli flakes if using to the courgette/broccoli mix and stir again to coat, add more oil if needed. Season again.
- Add potatoes to veggie mix when they are cooked. Use a wooden spoon/turner to cut the veggies up a little so they’re not so bulky. Or leave them if you want it chunky!
- Pre-heat grill, you will need it in a moment.
- Add the pre-whisked egg mix to the frying pan and stir it all together so the egg is coating everything and is meeting the sides of the pan. Top with the crumbled feta cheese and chives. Ensure the pan is kept on the heat to allow egg to set.
- Leave the mix for around 4-5 minutes, until it is setting but the top of frittata has NOT set.
- Turn grill on to relatively high heat. Put the frying pan under the grill quite high up, and cook until the egg has set/the top turns brown.
- Serve with salad or whatever takes your fancy! ENJOY!(N.B. For meal prep, leave to cool and then pop into tupperware boxes & into the fridge for the week ahead!)