THE MIX (makes about 14/15 muffins)
3 bananas, mashed
120g blueberries (a low FODMAP portion is 20 berries/28g so you will not be eating more than this in one muffin!)
150g soft brown sugar
220g gluten free flour for cakes, I used Schär cake mix flour
80g butter/baking margarine (or if you don’t tolerate lactose, use a vegetable alternative e.g. pure / flora spreads), at room temperature
3 large eggs
Vanilla extract, 2 tsp
Cinnamon, 1 tsp
Xantham gum, about 1 tsp
Baking powder, a teaspoon
(Lactose free/vegan) chocolate – for decoration
Chia seeds – for decoration
Oats (optional) – for decoration
1. Preheat oven to 180’c, 160’c fan. Line 2 cupcake trays with cases. If, like me, you don’t have cupcake trays, just put the cupcake trays on a baking tray.
2. Slice the bananas and mash ’til they’re creamy but not soup! Lumps are allowed!
3. Cream the butter and the sugar in a separate bowl.
4. Add eggs gradually, and then the vanilla extract. Beat til creamy.
5. Then add the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, xantham gum to the sugar mix, alternating with adding the banana mix. Beat well. Add the blueberries last of all and mix (OR pop them into the mixture in cake cases)
6. Spoon into cupcake cases. If using oats for decoration, sprinkle on top.
7. Bake for 20m or until they are golden brown on the top, and spring up when you press them/ inserted skewer should be clean.
8. Melt your chocolate whilst they’re cooling. Drizzle on top and sprinkle on chia seeds. YUM!