I love rhubarb and love that it is low FODMAP. This recipe worked perfectly for a Sunday lunch dessert and the maple crumble crust gives it that edge over your typical crumble! You can lower the sugar / use sugar alternatives if you want to lessen the sugar content.
P.s. my measurements for this recipe may be a bit off as I made this off the top of my head. Just taste as you go along and tag me on insta @lenashappytummy if you think anything’s too off!
500g rhubarb, chopped into thumb-sized pieces
A generous handful of raspberries
50g brown sugar
3 tbsp loFO maple syrup e.g. tesco/sainsbury’s own
120g gluten free oats
40g gluten free plain flour
4 tbsp brown sugar
80g dairy free butter/spread
- Preheat oven to 200’c, 180’c fan, gas mark 6.
- Stew the rhubarb and raspberries by mixing them with the sugar and nutmeg and stirring on a low heat until soft.
- Make your topping by rubbing the oats and flour with the butter, cinnamon and sugar to create quite a crumbly mixture. Put this into a cake tin or ovenproof dish and cover with the maple syrup, add more if you please!
- Put this in the oven for around 10-12 mins until it is slightly caramelised/ has become yummy.
- Assemble your fruit mix in an ovenproof dish and pop the crumble mixture on top.
- Put in the oven again and leave for 20 minutes or until the fruit mix is bubbling up. Careful the top does not burn.Optional: add some extra sugar or maple syrup on top before you put it in the oven!
And that’s that! Easy. Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @lenashappytummy or on Facebook – Lena’s Happy Tummy if you liked this recipe or have tried it yourself!