Super easy weeknight meal. Serves 4 or 2 with delicious leftovers for lunch next day! The ingredient quantities are mostly just an approximation: Steph and I generally just chuck in however much we feel like, so feel free to add less or more!
3 aubergines, chopped and roasted (at 200’C for 25 minutes until soft)
Spinach (or kale), a small bag will do!
2 tbsp garlic oil
Asafoetida, 2 tbsp
Turmeric, 2 tbsp
Coriander, dried, tbsp (or fresh, generous bunch!)
Chilli flakes, 2 tsp
Paprika, 2 tsp
Ground ginger, 2 tbsp
Salt & pepper
Can of chopped tomatoes
Can of coconut milk
2tbsp tomato purée
Rice or naan to serve
- Heat some garlic infused oil in a big frying pan or wok and toss around and cook the aubergine for about 5 minutes to cook them off.
- Add all the spices. Leave fresh coriander ’til nearer the end of the cooking time, if using. Make sure you’re stirring to coat the aubergine fully.
- Add chopped tomatoes and coconut milk and stir.
- Cook your rice and leave the curry to simmer.
- Add in the spinach right at the end when rice is ready, stir and add salt and pepper, or add more spices if you’re feeling it!
- Serve it and eat up, it won’t last long!!!