I love a wholesome ragù dish to fill me up and leave me feeling content! This is a quick but sexy dish (smoky and spicy, what more could you want!). Can easily be made in 30 minutes or can be left for longer to slow cook. Serve with gluten free pasta and lots of cheeeese on top! Serves 2 or 1 with leftovers.
Students, have a go, it’s easy!
Sausage meat from 3 large fodmap friendly / GF sausages
Carrots x2, diced small
Celery stick x1, diced small
Spring onion green tips, a large handful
1tbsp garlic oil
1tsp olive oil
Tin of chopped tomatoes
1tbsp tomato paste
Chives/basil/parsley (take your pick, I like all of them!)
1tbsp Smoked Paprika
1tbsp Chilli Flakes
Couple of glugs of balsamic vinegar
Cooked gluten free pasta to serve
- Heat the oils in a big saucepan/pot and add the celery, carrot, spring onion and sausage meat and fry on a medium heat, stirring for 10 minutes, until soft. Break up the meat.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, tomato paste and all the herbs/chilli/paprika and the balsamic vinegar to your meat veg mix. Season with salt and pepper and any other herbs you feel like!
- Leave to simmer for about 20-25 minutes on a low-medium heat whilst you cook your GF pasta. Stir occassionally to avoid burning.
- Drain the pasta but: IMPORTANT! Add a bit of the drained pasta water to the sausage ragù. Stir the pasta into the ragu and leave for a couple of minutes on the heat.
- Serve with LOADS of parmesan/whatever cheese you feel is appropriate and top with extra basil/parsley. Happy tummy!!!