I love making these when I have friends over, because they’re quick and can suit different dietary requirements, but also watching each other trying to eat fajitas, without them falling apart, is quality entertainment.
I like making mine with chicken, but you could use whatever other protein you like. I always make some tummy-friendly guac and load them with cheddar and iceberg lettuce, even mayo. You could also make a salsa, or add sour cream! It all depends on your own tolerances. But one thing’s for sure: no Old El Paso Spice Mixes are welcome here!!! I use corn tortillas from Old El Paso, though, but you could use whatever you can tolerate.
The Chicken & Peppers Mix
2 chicken breasts
1 pepper, roughly cut into slices (OR use frozen pepper slices)
1tbsp Cayenne Pepper
2tbsp Smoked Paprika
Sprinkle of chilli flakes
Salt and pepper
1tbsp Dried Coriander
1tbsp Dried Chives
Good glug of garlic oil
Good glug of olive oil
The guac (combine all of these)
1 avo, mashed
A few cherry tomatoes, chopped small
Spring onions, handful of green tips
Teaspoon of chilli flakes
Splash of lime juice and lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 200’c.
- Cut the chicken breasts into chunks.
- Combine all herbs, spices and oil with the chicken and peppers.
- Leave to marinate in the fridge for as long as you have.
- Pop onto a baking tray and cook for about 20/25 minutes or until the juices of the chicken run clear.
- Load all the bits however you like into a corn tortilla (I use Old El Paso) and DIG IN! THE MESSIER THE BETTER!