Putting together some tummy friendly lunch ideas, as these were highly demanded over on my Instagram page. I will mark these as ‘Tummy Friendly Lunchbox’ in all recipes. Here’s my recipe for a brown rice salad with a coriander & sesame dressing. This uses fresh veg and then store cupboard ingredients, meaning you could meal prep this, or use leftover rice from dinner.
Generous glug of sesame oil (I’d estimate this is 1.5tbsps)
Few drops of soy sauce (gluten free if need be, but a little soy sauce with traces of wheat is FODMAP friendly)
Garlic oil – small glug just for flavour if not using garlic
Brown basmati rice – 75g cooked
Small handful of plum/cherry tomatoes, sliced thin
Half an avocado – sliced thin
Celery – a small stalk, sliced
Handful of spring onion green tips, chopped finely
Spinach, a small handful, chopped
Coriander, dried/chopped frozen/chopped fresh, a generous bunch (fresh or frozen works better for flavour, just sayin’.)
Dried parsley, 1tsp
Smoked paprika, 1/2tsp
Salt/pepper to season
OPTIONAL: any other veg you like, including radishes, sweetcorn (canned – 10g is FODMAP friendly OR baby corn – 80g is FODMAP friendly), anything will work.
- Pick a pretty tupperware and assemble all your ingredients.
- Put the rice into the tupperware box, add the rice and veg. Close the box and shake so everything mixes.
- Add the dressing, i.e. the soy sauce, sesame oil, and if using, the garlic oil – you don’t need to pre mix this.
- Add your herbs, including the coriander and season.
- Close the box and shake it like a polaroid picture!
- The Most Necessary Step of All: Enjoy at work when you’re really, really hungry and all you can think about is Lena’s Happy Tummy Inspired Rice Salad 😉
FYI: you could also add a protein. For instance, leftover prawns and chicken would work really well. Tofu too, for the veggies/vegans out there!